Winter is upon us and now is the time if you haven't done so already, to change your skincare regime. In winter our skin becomes seriously depleted by central heating, the wind and cold. We can however help support our skin to maintain its equilibrium with a few simple changes.
1. Change to an oil or balm based cleanser. Please read the ingredient list on pack and make sure it is free of mineral oil and only containing pure plant oils that work in synergy with your skin. Oil and balm based cleaners are very gentle and perfect on dry, sensitive skin and also wonderful at removing make-up.
2. Exfoliate 2 x weekly. As we age our skin cells turnover at a much slower rate than we were in our 20's. In winter this process slows down even more. By exfoliating weekly you are helping your skin shed the dry skin cells to make way for newly formed cells that are more plump and well hydrated.
3. Improve your skins barrier function. Helping your skin to build a barrier against the cold is key. If you are taking an early morning run or walk I would always suggest applying Omega Balm to your cheeks, lips and hands before going outside. Omega Balm is extremley effective at locking the moisture into your skin and also helping build a buffer against the enviroment.
4. Apply Omega Oil every night to your face and body. Omegas are required for optimum skin health, especially in winter. This will infuse your skin with much needed moisture and boost any existing skincare regime.
5. Drink more fluids - ideally warm lemon or ginger tea. The more your drink, the better hydrated your skin will be. 6. Remember to get enough sleep. In winter our metabolism slows down and we do require more sleep, rest and recovery. A good nights sleep can be a miracle worker for your skin.